This 7-volume DVD set has more than 11 hours of video training material, and serves as a companion to our Massage Therapist Manual: A Visual Guide to Techniques. The DVD set is designed as a full study clinical training course for massage therapists wishing to expand their skills.
“I wish I had had this resource 12 years ago when I was in physical therapy school. These products have dramatically improved the quality of my work and saved my body from injury.”
– Patrick Hannum, Physical Therapist & Rolfer
Massage schools and colleges have used the book and video series as the basis for massage training programs of over 100 hours length. This extensive massage video training series not only shows countless strokes and techniques, but more importantly, it will demonstrate the qualitative art of working with deep tissues to effect profound change.
“Deep Tissue Myofascial Release Massage has enabled our school to plan a 100-hour curriculum around its clear progression, from the basic skills to clearly defined strategies.”
– Julie Morrison, Director of Massage Western Career College, Pleasant Hill, CA
Take a glimpse inside the Deep Tissue Massage Manual 7-DVD set with the complete outline below, and some featured clips from the video trainings. The massage training videos are valuable tools for massage therapists of all specialties and levels of experience to improve their technique and better serve their clientele.
Table of Contents
Section I: The Fundamentals
(DVDs 1 & 2)
Refining Touch, Working Through Superficial Muscles to Deep Layers – Biomechanics of Working Tissue Deeply
- Caveats – Areas of Caution for Deep Work
- Tools of Deep Tissue Massage – Saving your Thumbs and Fingers
- Proper Use of Fingers, Knuckles, Fist, Forearm, and Elbow
- Massage Strokes and Techniques
- Lengthening Tissue, Freeing Adhesions, and Releasing Holding Patterns
- Positioning of Clients to Increase Effectiveness of Your Work
- The Side-Lying Position to Dramatically Improve Your Effectiveness
Section II: Strategies
(DVDs 3, 4 & 5)
Hundreds of strategies to integrate into your practice.
DVD #3: The Legs and Pelvis
- Balancing the Ankle and Foot and Increasing Mobility
- The Anterior and Posterior Lower Leg
- Working with the Knee for Mobility and to Free Restrictions
- The Upper Leg – Quadriceps, Hamstrings, Adductors, Abductors
- The Pelvis – Rotators, Hips, Sacrum, and Coccyx
DVD #4: Continuation of the Pelvis, Abdomen and Back
- Quadratus Lumborum, Psoas, Iliacus, External Abdomen, Diaphragm and the Breath
- The Back
- Spinal Mechanics and Mobilization of Vertebrae and Ribs
- Major Back Muscles – Erector Spinae, Latissimus Dorsi, Rhomboids, and Others
- Side-lying Work on the Back
DVD #5: Working with the Shoulder Girdle, Chest, Arms, and Neck
- Shoulder Girdle – Freeing the Scapula, Rotator Cuff, Chest, and First Rib
- The Arms/Hand/Wrist, Forearm, Elbow, and Upper Arm
- The Neck and Head in Prone and Supine Position
- Anterior and Posterior Neck and Vertebral Mobilization
- Superficial Muscles of the Skull and Jaw
Section III: Advanced Techniques for Troubleshooting & Treating Injuries
Stretching and strengthening suggestions.
(DVDs 6 & 7)
- Foot and Ankle Injuries – Plantar Fasciitis, Achilles Tendonitis, Ankle Sprains
- Knee Pain and Dysfunction
- Minor Back Pain
- Rotator Cuff
- Tennis Elbow, Wrist Complaints, and Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Thoracic Outlet Problems
Many additional strategies are also covered in the Deep Tissue Massage Manual 7-DVD set, such as working off the massage table in seated and standing postures and suggestions for rehabilitative home programs of strengthening and stretching for your clients. These massage videos can help you take your deep tissue massage and myofascial release skills and knowledge to the next level.